Dr Raj Pratap (Gold medalist) is amongst the best cardiologists in Dehradun, India and is the chief surgeon and head of the department of cardiology, Kailash hospital Dehradun. With extensive experience at various institutes, he has received many recognitions in the field of cardiology. He is renowned for his great skills and impeccable safety records. He has extensive experience from eminent institutes like King George Medical University, Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Sciences and Sanjay Gandhi PGI, Lucknow. He is the most reputed surgeon in terms of providing exceptional patient care services including surgical and non-surgical procedures with the best results.
He specialises in complex procedures for heart diseases, emergency heart attack care, heart failure, angiography, angioplasty, pediatric cardiology and arrhythmia management. He is the youngest and probably the only person in uttarakhand currently to do procedures like TAVI(valve replacemnt without surgery), Leadless pacemaker(worlds smallest pacemaker), EVAAR( Aneurysm repair), CTO PCI, Left Main PCI, Device closures for defect and hole in heart. He has the lowest complications rates in pacemaker and angioplasties matching the worldwide standards. He also has great interest in pediatric echoes and arrhythmias.’
Dr Raj Pratap DM Cardiology (Gold Medal), is the chief interventional cardiologist and head of the department of cardiology in Kailash Hospital, Dehradun. Working extensively he has attended more than 5000 cardiac interventions in the last 5 years. He has completed his MBBS from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, MD in internal medicine from MLN Medical College ( KGMV) and DM Cardiology from SGPGI, Lucknow. He has worked with prestigious institutes like RML institute and Sanjay Gandhi PGI Institute of Medical Sciences. Adding further to his badges, he has worked as an assistant professor and cardiologist at, SGRR Institute of Medical sciences.
- 1st Prize (poster presentation), South Asian Federation of Endocrine Societies, Hyderabad, 2013
- 2nd Prize (paper presentation), APICON 2014, Ludhiana.
- Best Resident Doctor Award, MLN Medical College, Allahabad.
- Best DM Cardiology Student (Gold Medal), SGPGI, Lucknow.
- Best Case Award ( for ballon assisted LAD CTO PCI) at midterm UP CSI NIC 2019 First person to do leadless pacemaker (Micra) in Uttarakhand.
- First-person to do TAVR in private sector in UP and Uttarakhand.
- The youngest person in India to do TAVR and Leadless pacemaker.
- The youngest person in India to do retrograde reverse CART CTO PCI.
- Established Kailash Hospital, Dehradun as the first and only centre in Uttarakhand to do a full portfolio of CHIP cases including Antegrade and retrograde CTO PCI,
- LM PCI, Bifurcation PCI, Primary PCI and structural and peripheral cases like ASD closure, TAVR, EVAAR, Peripheral angioplasty.
- Expert in Radial access coronary procedures ( > 3000 cases )
- Expertise in coronary interventions including CHIP cases like CTO PCI, Bifurcation lesions, Left main PCI, LM Bifurcation.
- Amongst the few experts worldwide doing CTO PCI and Bifurcations PCI via radial access.
- Vast experience of Primary PCI (> 400 as primary and independent operator) for Acute MI including hemodynamic support devices like IABP and Impella.
- Good understanding, working knowledge and experience with intracoronary imaging like IVUS, OCT and physiological assessment with FFR, iFR.
- Fair experience of Structural heart disease interventions like ASD, PDA and VSD device closure, MVBD, PVBD, AVBD.
- Special interventions like Endovascular Aortic aneurysm repair, Aortopalsty, Coractoplasty, Transcatheter Aortic valve replacement.
- Peripheral interventions including PTA, Carotid stenting, renal angioplasty, AV fistula angioplasty.
- Good experience with Cardiac Implantable electrophysiological devices like pacemakers defibrillators and CRTP / CRTD.
- Non-invasive cardiac evaluation including echo, paediatric echo, fetal echo, transesophageal echo, stress echo, TMT, ABPM.
- Expertise in pediatric echocardiography, cath study and fetal echocardiography.